IN CASE ANYBODY CARES.
Unlike the anti-BJP liberals, lefties and their media personalities who are making the beef ban and continuous, brutal murders of beef eaters in India a singular issue against the Hindu fanatics and their leader Modi, I do not think that is where the anti-fascist focus should be. Even though I condemn the murders of innocent Muslims by fanatic Hindus, and also strongly oppose the beef ban because it puts millions of poor people — both Muslims and Hindus — out of business, throwing them in more desperate poverty.
My problem with these liberals and their media is on these counts.
(1) The beef industry is extremely anti-environment: methane produced in cow farms is one of the major causes for global warming (just like carbon di-oxide), and therefore, there must be a way to discourage out-of-control production of beef and a massive export of beef to USA and Arab countries.
(2) The bigoted variety of Muslims (and NOT the ordinary, peaceful Muslims) has its share of blame to bear, as terrorism by fanatic Muslims is a serious problem, and Pakistan regimes (and now Bangladesh) — not ordinary, innocent Pakistanis — have been a major exporter of terror into India; therefore, common Hindus (and Muslims, Christians and everybody else) are angry at Islamic extremists. Media’s fanning the communal flame — to make profit by selling fear — creates hate and violence.
(3) The real anger should rather be on the economic destruction and escalation of rich-poor divide in India, where Modi and his depraved variety of capitalism are destroying the traditional semi-socialistic, pro-poor economic infrastructure, and basically plundering the poor and middle class, in the name of development.
(4) Tax cuts for the rich, interest cuts for the poor and middle class, destruction of the environment, rapid takeover of Indian farming by Monsanto and rapid takeover of Indian retail by Reliance and Wal-Mart — these are happening right now under this government, which has stark similarity with what Trump administration is doing here in the U.S. It’s an unprecedented-in-history takeover of world’s resources by the 1 percent.
(5) Unbelievable inflation and pollution, where the poor and middle class simply don’t know how to make ends meet, and how to breathe air. Coke is taking over water sources. Polluting promoters and corporations are taking over farmlands and villages, displacing the poor.
Elite liberals and their media are not focusing their energy on these more substantive issues, just the same way New York Times, CNN and MSNBC are not talking about these issues here in USA.
People are falling for their pervert spin, and hoping that in India, a degenerate Congress Party and here in USA, a bankrupt Democratic Party’s return to power would solve all the problems. It’s not going to happen that way, because Congress is as corrupt as BJP, just the same way Democratic Party is as corrupt as the Republicans.
And in the background, IMF and World Bank are pulling the strings, and nobody even knows how dark and sinister they are.
Media keep us in dark.
(BTW, I strongly support Not In My Name, because this is a major movement taking shape across India and around the world — against the rise of fascism in India.)