Let’s have some fact checking on the “Illegal vs Legal” Immigration debate. That is, let those of us who want to check facts, and not go by hearsay and propaganda.
Today, this is one of the most important debates: hate, bigotry and divisive politics are destroying mankind, and any concept of peace, harmony, tolerance, and coexistence. And because “mainstream” corporate media is not telling us the truth, and anti-immigrant far right media everywhere is spreading lies and half truths, we might as well check out the facts ourselves.
Trump is using his white supremacist, racist violent politics against immigrants, shutting down the country on his rhetoric on the wall. Many Americans — quite a few of them ordinary, peaceful but otherwise misinformed men and women — are falling for it.
Here’s some quick points on the immigration debate — for those who care to read and think.
(1) Immigration does not happen overnight, or in a vacuum. Nobody wants to leave their country unless they are desperate. I wouldn’t have left India to come to America, had I not been desperate.
(2) Find out what our ruling class has done in Mexico and across the world to drive this exodus from Mexico. Check out what Clinton’s NAFTA did to destroy Mexico’s economy. Find out what U.S. powers have done to Latin American countries such as El Salvador, Guatemala, or Honduras. Find out what happened to Bangladesh and Chile in 1971. Or, the Philippines. There are many other such examples. (Reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpHxGhMIYFA)
(3) Illegal or paperless immigrants do not fit in one box. For example there are 185 different types of visa to enter and remain in USA, and countless people are trying for 10, 20 or 30 years to get papers. Their children were born and grew up here. They are still trying desperately to get their papers. Legally. A large majority of them are trying hard for many years with the help from lawyers. (Reference: https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Visa_policy_of_the_United_States)
(4) Even today, overstaying in the U.S. without properly extended papers is not a criminal offense. It is a civil offense. There is no criminality involved. And crossing the borders into the U.S. without papers is a misdemeanor. (Reference: https://www.cnn.com/2017/02/24/politics/undocumented-immigrants-not-necessarily-criminal/index.html)
(5) It’s not the poor immigrants that you should go after. Catch the real criminals who are forcing these people to come, and then exploiting them as slaves. Private prison industry is making billions in profit by jailing poor blacks and undocumented immigrants. (Reference: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/01/us/prisons-immigration-detention.html)
(6) All immigrants pay taxes: sales taxes, and even pay income taxes and Social Security deductions (literally billions of dollars each year). In many cases, these income taxes are stolen by their unscrupulous American employers using forged IDs. (Reference: https://www.vox.com/2018/4/13/17229018/undocumented-immigrants-pay-taxes)
(7) About the history of immigration in America (in case anybody is interested to know history), check out this short video. Quickly, you’ll find out how “illegal” most of American ancestors were with no English speaking abilities.
(8) Trump and his white supremacist, racist people in power are using the immigrants as scapegoats to cover up their own evil acts. (Reference: https://americasvoice.org/blog/scapegoating-immigrants-wont-work/)
(9) All the anti-immigrant, anti-union people have joined hands on this game including Koch Brothers, Heritage Foundation, NRA, KKK, and more. (Reference: https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2016/05/17/council-national-policy-behind-curtain)
Etc. Etc. Etc. All fact, and no hearsay or rumor.
(10) At the end of the day, if you are afraid that immigrants take away your jobs, again, check out some facts. You might be surprised to know the truth. (Reference: https://www.pbs.org/newshour/economy/making-sense/4-myths-about-how-immigrants-affect-the-u-s-economy)
White America and Europe were largely built on genocide, war, violence, slavery, and racism. Anti-Irish hate. Anti-Italian bigotry. Anti-Chinese, anti-Japanese racism. Not too long ago, there even had publicly posted signs such as “No Dogs or Irish or blacks Allowed.” Check it out. (See picture)
Let alone signs such as “Whites Only. No Spanish or Mexican.” (See picture)
Look, you’re not reading or learning: you are just falling for the traps the 1 percent created for you, to keep us divided and hateful. It serves their purpose, and not yours or mine. What is the difference between what your ancestors faced and what these immigrants are facing now?
The vast country of America is falling apart, and just like India, hate, bigotry and violence have taken over.
Extremism on one hand, and deliberate ignorance on the other have conquered America and India — the two countries I know. (Reference: https://religionnews.com/2018/12/18/suicides-follow-indias-anti-immigrant-drive-targeting-muslims/)
Thank you for thinking. Feel free to participate in our open discussion.
I posted my POV, with researched facts. You post yours, with researched facts.
Let us be guided by truthful information, objective education, and compassion for mankind.
Sincerely, Truthfully Yours,
A Happy and Enlightened 2019 to You All.