How New York Times Handed the Election Over to Trump — Part I

trump-hillary-poll(Photo Courtesy: TheWrap)
How New York Times Handed the Election Over to Trump
November 10, 2016
____________________
Part 1.
On November 6 and 7, days before the election, New York Times predicted that Hillary Clinton had an 88% chance to win, and Trump, 12%.
Now, the title of this article may seem so “radical,” if not “bizarre,” that many eyebrows might rise. People might snub, slight, or slander this observation, made by someone who is an unknown, first-generation immigrant with no mainstream pedigree. Especially those who always put the “other side” at fault, and reject any criticism against themselves, would be outraged.
In the case of American media’s election coverage, liberals’ favorite dog to whip was Fox, O’Reilley, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Michele Bachman, or Breitbert. Of course, the right-wing did their pro-Trump, anti-union, anti-equality, pro-war, anti-black propaganda, often resorting to shameless obscenity and racial overtones.
But many liberals and progressives didn’t understand that media and establishment they considered their own were often working against them. With or without a purpose. New York Times, CNN, and MSNBC were three such examples. And truly, the Democratic Party establishment. Here, I will focus on the Times, because it has created and sustained an aura of “superior, objective journalism,” and not only the educated, liberal Americans, people all over the world take their reporting and analyses as the unquestionable ultimate. Often, reading something “in the paper” is synonymous with reading it in the Times.
For more than a year, since Trump became a serious contender, New York Times harnessed all its resources to make Hillary Clinton as the Democratic candidate. Their primary “target” during the primaries was Bernie Sanders who was rallying Americans — especially the younger generation — on the issues of the grotesque inequality, global warfare, rights and justice for the poor and marginal, education and health opportunities for all, sexual equality, and a green, sustainable climate. He talked about overturning Citizens United, law that made multinational corporations more powerful than ever before, and absolved them from their crimes. He was exposing big banks, Wal-Mart, oil corporations, private prison, and Wall Street.
Bernie Sanders became the mouthpiece of disenchanted Americans, especially the youth. He was taking the sails away from status-quo Democrats led by Obama, the Clintons, Chuck Schumer, Wasserman-Schultz, and the rabidly pro-1% lobby that would not want a let-up on the so-called “war on terror.”
War industries were furious that Sanders was preaching peace.
(To be continued.)
###

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s